One day workshop focused on the art of metal finishing.
Oil canning, high spots, and even low spots can all be corrected with the right techniques. Knowing the right technique for each application is what this day is all about. This workshop bridges the gap between rough metal and a surface that is ready to be sealed.
Utilising a range of hand tools, traditional lead wiping where required, and hammer and dolly techniques, the goal is minimal filler use to achieve the best shape possible in metal.
You will walk away with principles and techniques that can be applied immediately to complete that restoration project. This is a hands on experience.
• Hammer and dolly techniques (on dolly, off dolly etc).
• Types of hammers, dollies, flippers, slappers, and files.
• Stretching “raising” with hand tools.
• The purpose of a metal file.
• How to clean surfaces before and after application.
• Fundamentals of lead wiping.
• Where and why to use lead.
• Working with sweeps, Splines and gauges.
• How to interpret and check for correct shape.
Location: Melomotive, Unit 6 / 8 Stockyard Place, West Gosford, NSW
Price: $350 per person. Includes lunch and refreshments.
Date: Saturday 2nd March 2024
Time: 9am - 3pm
* Terms and Conditions of purchase:
Please note workshop bookings cannot be refunded. Cancellations made up to 2 weeks prior to event date, will be held in customer credit for a future workshop date, cancellations made in the 2 weeks leading up to the date will get a 50% credit and cancellations made within 24 hours can not be credited.
Melomotive Product Number: 012-0116