One day workshop focused on metal finishing.
Oil canning, high spots, and even low spots can all be corrected with the right techniques. Knowing the right technique for each application is what this day is all about.
Ever asked yourself –
• “How did the imperfection get there?”
• “How does metal react to an impact?”
• “Why did it change shape after welding in the patch?”
More importantly -
• “How do we reverse these effects and then bring the metal back to the desired shape with hand tools?”
This workshop bridges the gap between rough metal and a surface that is ready to be sealed for bodywork. The goal is minimal filler use and to achieve the best shape possible in metal.
• Hammer and dolly techniques (on dolly, off dolly etc.)
• Shrinking with a disc, shrinking with a flame and ways to shrink.
• Stretching “raising” with hand tools.
• The purpose of a metal file.
• Working with sweeps, Splines and gauges.
• Types of hammers, dollies, flippers, slappers, and files.
Location: Melomotive, Unit 6 / 8 Stockyard Place, West Gosford, NSW
Price: $295 per person. Includes lunch and refreshments.
Date: Saturday 6th August 2022 - SOLD OUT
Time: 9am - 4pm
* Terms and Conditions of purchase:
Please note workshop bookings cannot be refunded. Any cancellation made prior to event date, will be held in customer credit for future workshop date. If unable to attend future workshop date, credit can be allocated to purchase of product to equal value of workshop fee.
Melomotive Product Number: 012-0093