One of the best basic reference books on metal bumping and metalwork.
Written by Frank T. Sargent over 50 years ago, and still one of the best basic reference books on metal bumping and metalwork.
This book reveals secrets and tricks used by professionals for over 50 years. For example, in the helpful skills out of the dozens described:
How to inspect damage to determine stress areas, and how to unlock the crease with appropriate hammer and dolly technique. Over 120 pages showing many repairs on vintage vehicles.
Table of Contents
1. What is a Damaged Panel?
2. Methods of Repair
4. Making the Analysis 5. Origin of Body and Fender Repair Tools
7. Metal-Bumping Procedure
8. Metal-Finishing Tools and How to Use Them
9. Metal-Finishing Procedure
11. Frame-Straightening and Panel Repair
13. Torch Soldering
15. A Chapter for Beginners
16.Hints, Short Cuts, Time Saving Tricks
17. Body and Fender Repair Tools